Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering

I usually post something on Wednesdays and didn't want today to be any different. Instead of the normal book review, I'm taking some time to remember the events of 9/11. It seems like so long ago, but in the same moment it feels like it was just yesterday. I remember exactly where I was, even the building on campus I was sitting in, when I got the news.

Today my thoughts are with everyone who lost a friend, family member or coworker that day and my prayers are that they've been able to find some peace after such a tragic loss. My thoughts are also with all the men and women who gave their time and energy to help put things back as close to normal as they possibly could be, and all those who continue to fight to protect the freedoms that others want to take away from us.

I remember how much kinder everyone was to each other after the attack and how united we all felt as a nation and as a people. I want to recreate that feeling as much as possible today and every day.

I hope that we can all remember how valuable the things are that we take for granted, and how much the people in our lives really mean to us. Tell someone you love them today, and mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment