Thursday, September 5, 2013

Burning: Strawberry Reisling Slushies

To go with Burning I knew I wanted something that would be great for those summer days where it's so hot you don't want to move. Since we just celebrated Labor Day, it's hard not to feel like summer is over or will be soon, but I'm not quite ready to let go of the season. I also wanted something that would feel youthful. (Typing that makes me feel much older than I am, which is 32 in case you're curious.)

I modified a recipe that I found in the August 2011 issue of Bon Apetit magazine.

Ingredients
2 cups hulled strawberries
1 bottle dry Reisling
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp sugar

Directions
Combine ingredients in a blender. Blend to desired consistency.

 
 
I picked up a bottle of Reisling at the grocery store. Since I knew I was blending it, I didn't need anything fancy. I've had this one before, and I like the clean finish and mineral aspects to the flavor. I thought it would be a nice compliment to the strawberries.
 
 
At this point you could stop and just have a really nice sangria. I'm planning on making sangria soon, but since I have another recipe in mind, I kept going and turned on the blender. I also added a little bit of ice to give it that slushie feel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment