Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Christmas Cocktail Oops

Every now and again when I sit down to make a cocktail, I have something specific in mind. Then when I go to make that cocktail, what I want is not exactly what I get. For example, to go with A Christmas Carol, I wanted something that would combine some of the flavors and aromas that I associate with the holidays.


I mixed some apple cider with orange/cranberry infused vodka. I was expecting something with a little holiday spice and a general cozy feeling. That's not what I got. The flavor was good, really good, but not at all what I expected. There's a hint of vanilla, which plays nicely off of everything else in the glass, but it's not that cozy spicy cider flavor I had in mind.

I tried this same combination later with warmed cider and it was much, much better. Not ever recipe starts off as a gem. Just keepin' it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment