Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wuthering Heights: Hot Toddy

The characters are cold, the location is cold, and there's something about Wuthering Heights as a whole that reminds me of one of those gray November days where the chill seems to actually get inside you. I was drawn to this drink for its comforting and warming qualities. It was exactly what I needed while reading this book.

Ingredients
1-2 ounces of whiskey or bourbon
2 teaspoons honey
1 tea bag

Directions
Boil water to use in the tea. Add honey and whiskey/bourbon to a mug. Add the tea bag and boiling water to fill the mug and allow to steep.

I used a caramel herbal tea for my hot toddy and it was a really nice combination with the bourbon I used and the honey. I was pleasantly surprised with how the flavors played together. I really wanted to stay curled up under my blanket with this book and this drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment