Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Turn of the Screw: Screwdriver

I'm sure no one is shocked that the drink I chose for The Turn of the Screw is a screwdriver. I wanted to stick with a classic drink to go with this classic novel. Since there's a twist in the story, I added a subtle twist to the recipe.

Ingredients
Orange Juice
Cranberry-Orange Vodka

Directions
Add ice to a tall glass. Pour in 1 to 2 ounces of the vodka. Fill with orange juice.

 
It's not terribly strong, but the flavor was great. A bit richer than the normal screwdriver, it was almost a blood-orange flavor. Very appropriate for a scary story leading up to Halloween. Our cranberry-orange vodka was made by some friends. I'd make a variation of this with regular vodka, orange juice and cranberry juice. You'd get the same flavor with that blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment