Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane: Hpnotic Martini

I wanted to make something to go with The Ocean at the End of the Lane that would fit into the mood of the story. The story is more than a little magical, and I felt like there was a bit of a haze over some of the characters- the adults mostly- as they were under Ursula's spell. When I came across this recipe I knew it would be the right one. The light blue color is exactly what I pictured for the blue of the kitten's eyes as well.

The recipe as it's written can easily be increased for parties, like your book club meeting, by using the entire bottles.

Ingredients
1 part Hpnotiq* liqueur
1 part citrus vodka
club soda- if desired

Directions
Combine Hpnotiq and vodka in a shaker over ice. Shake to combine, pour into a chilled martini glass or into larger glasses to top with club soda. Garnish with lemon wheels.


This was really drinkable. Very refreshing, with a nice citrus flavor. So drinkable that I could see this causing all kinds of trouble if enjoyed in large quantities.

*Hpnotiq is a French liqueur made from Cognac, vodka, and tropical fruit juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment