Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Crucible: Review of the Play

As I mentioned in yesterday's review of The Crucible, it's currently on stage at the Indiana Repertory Theatre (IRT). The Big Guy and I saw it this weekend and we were both impressed. It's easily one of the best productions we've ever seen at IRT.

One of the most difficult things about putting on a show like this, to me, is the casting. I was impressed with all of the performances and thought that everyone was really well cast and well matched to the characters they played. The emotions were raw and real and I couldn't take my eyes off the stage.

Speaking of the stage, the set was fantastic. It was sparse and rustic looking, with modular pieces that allowed the single room to represent the minister's house, the court, the Proctor's house and the jail equally.

If you're in Indianapolis or are planning to be and have the time to get to the show, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment